Friday 15 July 2011

Bristol Palin's had her "come-to-Jesus-moment," all the way to the bank


Bristol Palin's was interviewed by Christianity Today and a few points jumped out of the page:

Q. In your book, you described premarital sex as a sin. Do you worry that by calling it a sin, it might distract non-Christians?

A. You know, it might, but for me I do think of it as a sin. And, if that distracts other readers then I'm sorry, but that's what I believe.

Q. A few years ago you said abstinence for teens isn't realistic. Do you still believe that?

A. You know, that quote was taken out of context. What I was trying to say is it's not realistic for everyone. I know that it's not realistic for every single person. But for me, my sisters, and my family, I believe that that's the right way.

Here's the context:



Abstinence was the right way for her family, starting with her grandmother.

Lorenzo Benet wrote about the Heaths in Trailblazer:

...in the summer of 1961, Chuck and Sally applied for a marriage license and wed at St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in Sandpoint. Sally gave birth to a quick succession of children -- Chuck Jr. arrived on February 7, 1962.

Summer: June, July and August. Do the math - from the earliest summer month to the next February there are only eight months. There are no records of Chuck Jr. being premature.

Then it worked for her own mother:

Sarah Heath eloped with Todd Palin and they were married on August 29, 1988. Track was born on April 20, 1989, eight months later. Track was not premature.

(From the Wild Ride transcript: "But none of my babies had been early and being my fifth child I know what labor feels like.")

According to Bristol Palin, she was born into a family of sinners. Sally, Sarah and herself, they're all sinners!

Bristol also spoke about the Candies Foundation:

Q. I've heard some complaints that Christians try to make abstinence "cool," when maybe it should not be cool, maybe it should be hard to practice. What messages should Christians be sending?

A. I just think that they need a different approach to it, a younger approach. If you look at the Candie's Foundation, their approach to teen pregnancy prevention in general is funny. It's fit for regular teens.


Candies is very funny, Bristol is right. Pathetic would be a better word, though.

Q. Your messages seem focused mostly on abstinence or a safe-sex message, but you write about the decisions women make to abort a baby who has Down syndrome or a baby born out of wedlock.

A. I am completely pro-life and believe that every human life is so valuable. I think that all women should have their babies. If they don't want them, they can give them up for adoption and there are other options. I would much rather attend a pro-life event than an abstinence type of event just because I'm much more passionate about pro-life things.

The pro-life bandwagon is more profitable than the abstinence gig and she wouldn't have to deny herself the pleasures of sex. She could have loads of babies, each time reinforcing her pro-life credentials. Go for it, Bristol. You can give your purity to all and sundry, as long as you have all your babies. I'm confused about the other options, she didn't say what they are.

Q. I wanted to touch on the parts of your book where you talk about your faith. You wrote that you had never had the same sort of conversion experience as your mother. Was there a point when you had a conversion experience for yourself?

A. I had always grown up knowing that God existed, that God was there, but I wasn't really close with God until that moment when I hit rock bottom [after having Tripp] and said, "Lord, I'm broken, please fix me." I grew up in a Christian household where I knew that he was there and I knew that I wanted him to guide my life, but I really had my come-to-Jesus-moment that night.

Bristol Palin has jumped on the God bandwagon as well, just like her mother and some other opportunists. To these people, God is simply a marketing tool.

God has this thing about his name being taken in vain:

"You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name."

I'm sure God knows how to deal with sinners. Bristol and her family should pay more attention to their precious bible and sin a bit less.

You're more broken than ever, Bristol Palin.

(H/T to VN)