Tuesday 5 April 2011

A Special Birthday Open Thread


Today is a special day for one of our valued readers, our very own mrsgunka!

Amy baked and decorated a splendid cake and, as mrsgunka loves senior citizens jokes, I selected a few, to bring a smile to her face:

As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"

"Hell," said Herman, "It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!"


***

Three ladies were discussing the travails of getting older. One said, "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand, while standing in front of the refrigerator, and I can't remember whether I need to put it away, or start making a sandwich."

The second lady chimed in with, "Yes, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs and can't remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down."

The third one responded, " Well, ladies, I'm glad I don't have that problem. Knock on wood," as she rapped her knuckles on the table, and then said, "That must be the door, I'll get it!"

***

God, grant me the Senility
To forget the people
I never liked anyway,

The good fortune

To run into the ones I do,

And the eyesight

To tell the difference.





As it is your birthday, I brought the eaglecam as well:


Streaming live video by Ustream
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRSGUNKA!