Friday 4 March 2011

Open thread - Friday

London Eye

Big Ben

Our UK reader Josephine found a novel way of taking photographs:

I am attaching pictures of the fireworks on New Years Eve in London. As you can see I was not there, but the BBC had a great showing of them!

I was trying out my new camera, and thought it would be a hoot to aim and shoot at the TV...

Thanks for sharing, Josephine. That's a very nice telly!


Hubby thought it would be a good idea to show the London Eye on a normal day, in daylight.


UPDATE


Fawnskin sent me a photo she took in London last year. It was taken from a bridge in St James's Park and the London Eye can be seen on the right.


Thank you for this beautiful photo, Fawnskin.

***

Here's a close-up of one of the pods from the London Eye. There you are Pallottine, it doesn't rock...