Tuesday, 5 April 2011

A Special Birthday Open Thread

Today is a special day for one of our valued readers, our very own mrsgunka!

Amy baked and decorated a splendid cake and, as mrsgunka loves senior citizens jokes, I selected a few, to bring a smile to her face:

As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"

"Hell," said Herman, "It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!"


Three ladies were discussing the travails of getting older. One said, "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand, while standing in front of the refrigerator, and I can't remember whether I need to put it away, or start making a sandwich."

The second lady chimed in with, "Yes, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs and can't remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down."

The third one responded, " Well, ladies, I'm glad I don't have that problem. Knock on wood," as she rapped her knuckles on the table, and then said, "That must be the door, I'll get it!"


God, grant me the Senility
To forget the people
I never liked anyway,

The good fortune

To run into the ones I do,

And the eyesight

To tell the difference.

As it is your birthday, I brought the eaglecam as well:

Streaming live video by Ustream