Thursday 18 March 2010

Better things to do when faced with yet another Sarah Palin interview

Kathleen's Choice

It’s 9 am here. P has left the building and I’m pondering my mornings work…..to do or not to do? Do I head straight to Palingates? Perhaps I’d prefer flinching my way through the Most Popular section of Huffington Post or do I sit and review my life’s work? Whatever I chose to do, it’s not voluntary. I do not want to be here. The city I presently call home is a pleasant cosmopolitan one. It has a great literary tradition and many museums where I could idle away my time. There’s just so much to do here and today especially feels like the first official day of spring. But my fingers hover over the keyboard and I land on Palingates.

Sean Hannity interviewed Sarah Palin last night.

Together they sneered and spat their way through another frozen tundra interview. Sarah believes that it is an unconstitutional road that President Obama is embarking on. It’s control. It’s a Government takeover and Pelosi is pushing it. And if I understand her correctly, Sarah calls it a “Demon Pass” Bill. I think she’s referring to a Deem and Pass Bill.

America must be a scary place indeed when Congress starts passing Demon Pass Bills and according to Sarah the people’s voice will not stand for it. The People’s voice via wrath that congress is going to fill (feel?) if they shove the Demon Bill through, it’s going to be great. What the heck is she saying? Clicking pause I push Sean and Sarah aside and am instantly gratified by the sound of the washing machine. The machine is much easier to listen to than Sarah’s voice and her attempts at argumentation amplified by an echo. I’m pretty sure that Letterman has a whole new comedy sketch echoing through his mind as I type.

Having stopped the video I gaze out through the glass to the sky and immediately I’m struck by the thought that I do not have to watch it to the end. I see the sun and comprehend that there are other things that I’d rather do than contemplate another endless Sarah Palin interview. Today I have other more important things to do with my time. However, if your idea of happiness is watching yet another empty gesture video, you can catch it here.

I’m off to bake a cake.

Regina's Choice

It's 9 am here. The cat is fed, we had some fresh coffee and admire the lovely sunny day that makes our little medieval village look very inviting. But I'm drawn to the computer and find myself watching Hannity interview Sarah Palin about the Health Care Reform Bill (Awful hair!). I listen for a while and think that this woman is incapable of thinking of others, that she falsely presents herself as the spokesperson for the majority of Americans to attack the government in their attempts to extend much needed health care to actual majority of Americans.

So I searched for something in the bible about looking out for others.

Philippians 2:1-30
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, ...


I try to listen to the rest of the interview, but the endless repetition of worn-out talking points hurts my ears, not to mention the lisping echo, the hardness of her face, the glare of the lip gloss or the retro wig... I read in a comment that at the end of the clip Sarah Palin invited Hannity to fish in Lake Lucille. The lake is dead. What is he going to catch there?

I'm off to clean my house.

.

No comments: