Saturday 20 March 2010

Tea Party Clowns Parrot Sarah Palin on Healthcare - UPDATE

By Kathleen

The circus comes to town....great clips of elephants, just listen to the clowns.



For more excellent videos, please visit "www.newleftmedia.com".

"Control, government control, Government won't listen to us, losing our country, tyranical dictators" - all Sarah's talking points neatly rhymed off. But ask them what their specific problems are with the Health Care Bill and they will say "I don't know" or "Obama care is euthanasia - it's rationing" or "I don't even know what's in the bill, per se".

The clowns are content to listen to “titbits” but they are not interested in facts. They don’t believe that Obama adheres to the constitution or that he was a constitutional lawyer but they do believe that the Bill advocates Sarah's death panels or that Glenn Beck's principles are the “truth”

Glenn Beck's "Nine Principles":

1. America is good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.


The interviewer, Chase Whiteside, points out that not every person in America believes in God. I guess that that fact alone will make it difficult for some to follow Glenn's “truth”. What rights will unbelievers have in the Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin's America?

The Tea Party wants to “take America back”. From what and from whom? It’s my reading of their ideas that they would prefer a country run along the lines of a theocracy and my view is that they are the ones who want to give America away to the theocrats.

The fact is that the Health Care Bill has not been rushed through – various versions of Health Care reform in America have been debated on for years and it’s time for the US to finally take a stand and vote on the reform, no matter what the outcome.

(h/t to our reader wayofpeace for the video!)

+++

UPDATE (by Patrick):

I have just discovered that "newleftmedia" put up a "b-roll" of their former interviews with Tea Party demonstrators in October 2009. I have never seen this clip before - it's also great!



In addition, these two clips have been mentioned in the comments and will give you lots of laughs for the weekend:

- Jon Stewart with the ultimate Glenn Beck parody: "Conservative Libertarian" (via "freerangetalk")


Have fun!

+++

UPDATE 2:

Here is an amazing clip of a very, very brave man - protesting the protesting teabaggers: "Public Option Now!"



There you have your right of free speech, teabaggers!

+++

UPDATE 3:

A reader sent us an eyewitness report from the demonstration by teabaggers protesting the healthcare bill which took place today in Washington D.C.:

One of the first comments I read this afternoon made reference to Rep. Cantor's statement about crowds at the demonstration held today at the Capitol. Well, here's an eyewitness account. I was having one of my usual walks in Our Fair City this afternoon. First, I ambled through LaFayette Park, where, indeed, as your commenter pointed out, groups had gathered on the anniversary of the beginning of the war in Iraq.

But that crowd is not the point of this message.

I then walked down Constitution Avenue, stopping at the corner of First Street, from which location I had an excellent view of the gathering on the Hill. (I would go no closer because I make it a point not to expose myself to the people who attend such events.) At approximately noon, the crowd had filled about one-quarter of the front lawn (only the area directly in front of the building) that runs from the Capitol to First Street.

I have lived in Washington for 58 years, and I have seen massive crowds of people gathered here for a variety of reasons. Just as an example, the people who marked Solidarity Day in 1991 filled the entire lawn in front of the Capitol, both its east and its west side lawns, and the entire National Mall, from the Capitol to the grounds of the Washington Monument at 16th Street. I am sure I need not remind people of the huge numbers who attended better-remembered events, such as the march at which Dr. King delivered his "I have a dream" address.

Today, there were a few thousand people in attendance -- I am being generous in my estimate.

Not exactly impressive. Maybe it's just because I've been here a lot longer than Rep. Cantor.

Keep this in mind when they start circulating the bogus photos of the "massive crowds."

.

No comments: