Friday 18 February 2011

Sarah Palin's income and lifestyle before the quit

Piper Palin

The post about the Palins' properties made people curious about their income. I had some pdf files saved, but the APOC filings don't show their earnings until 2008. I have included two tax documents, for 2006 and 2007. If I find more information, I'll add the files to the folder and let you know.

Although there are no figures for most years, we know that Sarah Palin's salary as mayor was between 64 and 68 thousand dollars and we may be able to estimate Todd's income from the fishing and his North Slope job based on the two tax documents.

I'm not making too many comments on this because I'm no expert, but it looks like they didn't earn enough to build large houses, cabins and sustain their very comfortable lifestyle and fancy toys in an expensive place like Alaska without a few extras to supplement their declared incomes.

Sarah Palin's financial disclosures

The above link has been added to the sidebar, under the list of Palingates, for easy reference.