Sunday 1 May 2011

What if Katie Couric Asked Sarah Palin Some Gotcha Questions About the Wild Ride?


Let's imagine for a moment that Katie Couric actually managed to have a final interview with Sarah Palin:

Couric: What steps did you take to ensure the safety of your unborn child with special needs? What resources helped shape your decisions about it?

Palin: Any of them, all of them that were put in front of me. It's not like we don't have hospitals in Alaska. Alaska is microcosm of the United States and we have resources and know all the steps, like the rest of the country.

Couric: You cut short your stay at the conference to embark on the wild ride. What do you have to say about that?


Palin
: Like every American I speaking with, we're ill about this. What this wild ride does is help those who are concerned about the health of the mother and the precious unborn child. It's got to be about job creation too, all the nurses and doctors... Also to shore up the stories my dad put out there, so reining in loose talk and creating health and jobs, all under the umbrella of lame excuses, this wild ride is a part of that.



Couric
: Your dad said you were leaking amniotic fluid. Can you give me an example of when it's appropriate not to seek immediate medical attention?

Palin: Everybody knows he's a maverick and trying to get people to understand what he's talking about. I can give you examples of what my dad has done, that shows his foresight and pragmatism.

Couric: Can you give me some concrete examples of what I asked you? Not to belabour the point, do you have any examples of when it's appropriate not to seek medical attention in those circumstances?

Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to ya.

The Wild Ride