Friday 9 September 2011

Open Thread - Friday

I have four little items today. The first was sent in by View_From_Here, the second is a religious cartoon that I missed out the other day (for some strange reason), the third is something I found on the internet and to round it up, we have a joke sent in by Grammy97.

Thank you, View and Grammy. Enjoy!




Grammy's joke came all in capitals and I just copied and pasted it here. (It's not shouted...)


A DR. THAT HAD BEEN SEEING AN 80 - YEAR OLD LADY FOR MOST OF HER LIFE FINALLY RETIRED.

AT HER NEXT APPOINTMENT THE NEW DOCTOR TOLD HER TO BRING A LIST OF ALL MEDICINES THAT HAD BEEN PRESCRIBED FOR HER.

AS THE YOUNG DOCTOR WAS LOOKING THROUGH THESE, HIS EYES GREW WIDE AS HE REALISED SHE HAD A PRESCRIPTION FOR BIRTH CONTROL PILLS.

"MRS SMITH, DO YOU REALISE THESE ARE BIRTH CONTROL PILLS?"

"YES, THEY HELP ME SLEEP AT NIGHT."

"MRS SMITH, I ASSURE YOU THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN THESE THAT COULD POSSIBLY HELP YOU SLEEP!"

SHE REACHED OUT AND PATTED THE YOUNG DOCTOR'S KNEE.

"YES DEAR, I KNOW THAT. BUT EVERY MORNING I GRIND UP ONE AND MIX IT IN A GLASS OF ORANGE JUICE THAT MY 16 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER DRINKS.

BELIEVE ME, IT HELPS ME SLEEP AT NIGHT!"