Saturday 9 January 2010

Sarah Palin, Steve Schmidt, Rachel Maddow, Senator O'Biden... - UPDATE - New info!

Rachel Maddow showed more footage of the teaser for Steve Schmidt's 60 Minutes interview on her show.

O'Sarah... your lies keep coming back to haunt you.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

+++

UPDATE (by Patrick):

(h/t) BanditBasheert - thank you!

What looked like a slow news day has suddenly become much more interesting!

Andrew Sullivan on the Daily Dish surprises his readers with a "nugget" which today has been published in the New York Times:

"In the days leading up to an interview with ABC News’ Charlie Gibson, aides were worried with Ms. Palin’s grasp of facts. She couldn’t explain why North and South Korea were separate nations and she did not know what the Federal Reserve did. She also said she believed Saddam Hussein attacked the United States on Sept. 11, 2001."

This quote was taken from the book "Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime", written by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin. It will be published on January 11, 2010.

Andrew Sullivan comments:

"But it became almost immediately clear that she knew nothing about anything, had a private life that you usually see hashed out on Judge Judy, covered up her total lack of governing competence with so many lies they were hard to keep track of, and had next-to-no knowledge of any domestic or foreign policy issues, including energy. Isn't that enough to regard her nomination is a total farce, the biggest insult ever delivered to voters since ... well, Dan Quayle, who was far more informed, smart and serious than Palin ever was.

The idea that this person was qualified to run a country in one of its most serious crises, economically and militarily, beggars belief. The recklessness it revealed in McCain showed that he too was simply unqualified for high office, gambling with the core security of the US for cheap tactical advantag
e."

+++

EDIT:

Please don't miss the excellent article by Sarah Jones at "politicususa":

Political Apocalypse Coming; GOP Guns for Palin

+++

UPDATE 2 (by Regina)

O'$arah Palin is just like her fans: uninformed, incurious... just plain ignorant.

The people who comment on Granny Sarah's Facebook page are not running for office and have never been governors, mayors or council members. We could overlook their profound ignorance, but the same level of ignorance is not acceptable when it comes to somebody who feels qualified to chastise the president of the US on his actions and policies.

Here's a sample of their mentality:

Love Sarah Palin - feel like a kindred spirit. I pray for you each day -- that God would place you in the leadership role picked out especially for you -- hopefully POTUS!

i love you! you're a girl after my own heart. God bless you!

Sarah Palin is the woman that most women want to be like. She is everthing rolled into one. Go Sarah!

Another Hockey Mom and mom hockey player joins your list of friends.
Go girl!

Sarah- I continue to be grateful to you for the time you are dedicating to educating the public and getting our country back on track..God bless you and your family in 2010

Reading the book now...she's so REAL!

Sarah...we appreciate you!! Wow um with facts of history, pronouncing foreign names (perfectly) and take on a bit less casual demeanor than you have now. Speak with conviction and emotion. Which Glenn Beck and catch some of his urgency. Just a suggestion from a supporter.

We need you for President, but we don't deservre you. And I wouldn't wish that job off on anyone that I respect as much as I do you.

Sarah, I just finished reading your book. The last two paragraphs brought tears to my eyes as you thanked your family and God and invited others to seek Him. I don't know you personally, but I count you as my new best friend! Have a great day!

I read your book and was very impressed. You came across as a very knowledgeable, unlike our current administration.Keep up the good work.

It's so good to know that there are still some of us out there that still have common since. Sarah, keep fighting for the normal citizens of this country.

My son gave me a copy of "Going Rouge" for a Christmas present, Sarah, and, at halfway thru it, I love every page so far. You funny. I liked especially the part where you schooled the GOP elite by whupping Murkowski's hind parts in the primary for Governor. Todd's the man!!

I think you are great. We need more Lady's like you around.

Sarah, I just finished listening to your book on tape and I am even more impressed than I was before. Your views, observations and opinions reflect my own. Your honesty and integrity are so refreshing. I didn't think there was anyone else out there would could reflect my way of thinking - but you absolutely do.

Sarah Palin is going to the hottest president of the United States...

I am halfway through your book--got it for Christmas--and I love your way of writing. Feel as though I am in a room with you and we are just talking.

After Jesus, you are the best person in history!

Sarah, I am reading your book. It is so good to know you a lot better than the media has portrayed you. I am just a Mom and a regular person and your values are mine and I have a friend with a downs syndrome child. She is now 14 and just no assistance for her is available in this area which is home of Wal Mart in Arkansas. God Bless You!

Yes, Sarah Palin for President of these United States of America in 2012! Go, go, go Sarah. We need a bonified conservative like yourself in the White House.

I rest my case.
.

No comments: