Wednesday 3 August 2011

Open Thread - Wednesday

Mrsgunka sent me this joke about a miraculous rescue...


Joe are Shirley are flying to Australia for a two week vacation to celebrate their 40th anniversary.

Suddenly, over the public address system, the Captain announces, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am afraid I have some very bad news. Our engines have ceased functioning and we will attempt an emergency landing. Luckily, I see an uncharted island below us and we should be able to land on the beach. However, the odds are that we may never be rescued and will have to live on the island for the rest of our lives."

Thanks to the skill of the flight crew, the plane lands safely on the island.

An hour later Joe turns to his wife and asks, "Shirley, did we pay our charity pledge check to the Church yet?"

"No, sweetheart," she responds.

Joe, still shaken from the crash landing then asks, "Shirley, did we pay our New Roof Church Appeal pledge?"

Oh, no! I'm sorry. I forgot to send the check,“ she says.

"One last thing, Shirley. did you remember to send a check for the Church Building Fund this month?," he asks.

"Forgive me, Joe," begged Shirley. "I didn't send that one, either."

Joe grabs her and gives her the biggest hug and kiss in 40 years.

Shirley pulls away and asks him, "So, why did you kiss me?"

Visibly relieved, Joe answers, "They'll find us!"


Thank you, Mrsgunka, the opportunities you give us for a good laugh are always welcome!