A post written in partnership ProChoiceGrandma
People who have been following Babygate couldn't fail to notice the many similarities between Sarah Palin's and Bree Van de Kamp's storylines. One happened in real life, the other in episodes of Desperate Housewives. Here are a few relevant excerpts from the fictional fake pregnancy.
A few questions:
1. Did Bree act like she was in a delicate condition; OR did she thrash her guts hiking through town in high heel FM boots while “six” months pregnant?
2. Did Bree announce her fake pregnancy early; OR did she wait to see who would win the Republican nomination before announcing the very next day that she was 7 months into her fake gestation?
2. Did Bree purchase an empathy belly to actually look pregnant, OR did she fake it using a multitude of long scarves, beginning 2-19-08?
3. Did Bree wear several fashionable maternity outfits for the duration of her fake pregnancy, OR did she consistently wear the same black jacket with those long scarves?
4. Did Bree adjust her empathy belly accordingly over several months of fake gestation, OR did she accidently overinflate it on one single day, while on all other days “the stage of her pregnancy was not apparent”, in other words, FLAT or SQUARE.
5. Did Bree have an 8 or 9 month fake pregnancy, OR did she have a 6-week “easiest of all of them” pregnancy?
Honestly, Sarah Palin could have done better. After all, Desperate Housewives aired BEFORE (between April and November 2007) she started her own pregnancy deception in March 2008. Either she didn't pay attention or thought people would believe her because she said so, as usual...