The McCain aides were responding to a report on CNN that the governor got a laugh when she told a GOP audience in Alaska she had declined to pray with McCain staffers prior to her debate with Joe Biden.
Describing the pre-debate atmosphere, Palin told the crowd last Friday, she was "looking for somebody to pray with, I just need maybe a little help, maybe a little extra."
"And the McCain campaign, love 'em, you know, they're a lot of people around me," she said, "but nobody I could find that I wanted to hold hands with and pray."
A staffer on the campaign said Palin should stop talking about the campaign and talk only about "what's relevant."
"The people that she has, either working at her (political action committee) or advisers in Alaska, aren't exactly making the best decisions for her."
Sarah Palin seems to have engaged in an all-out war against the world:
- Press release attacking president Obama for remarks about Special Olympics while rejecting federal funds for children with special needs. (Hypocrisy-gate?)
- Press release attacking lawmakers for failing to discuss Stimulus package with her. (Stimulus-gate?)
- Press release attacking blogger and citizen for bringing ethics complaint against her. (Cat-gate?, Ankle biter-gate?)
- Speech branding RNC staffers not fit to pray with her. (RNC prayer-gate?)
- Speech complaining about the media, again. (Whine-gate?)
- Appointed crony anti-Native attorney general. (War on Natives-gate?)
What next? A press release attacking Mt Redoubt for frivolous explosions that are threatening to cause a major environmental disaster on account of the millions of gallons of Chevron crude oil sitting at the base of the volcano? (while she does nothing about it, I may add)
Sarah Palin appears not to have very thick skin and lashes out at people at every opportunity. The appointment of the new attorney general is also aimed at shielding her from further challenges.
"I'm wired in a way that I can take the criticism. I can take the shots."
Report about response from McCain staffers