Wednesday 3 June 2009

Sarah Palin: to run or not to run


I read an article today which looked into the the pros and cons of Sarah Palin running for a second term as governor of Alaska:

Although Alaska Gov Sarah Palin
has yet to make a final decision on whether to run for reelection in 2010, there is a strong argument to be made that if she wants to be a serious contender for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012 her best bet would be to take a pass on a second term.

If she decides not to run for reelection in Alaska and concentrates on a national campaign instead, that will be a gift to Alaskans and guaranteed hilarity for all of us. I don't think she can make it past the primaries, but she will have to give interviews...

Interviews with Sarah Palin are great fun. I don't think she can survive as a candidate if she gives interviews to Fox News and nobody else, so we could be in for a few more classic gems!


.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

her cult fans think she's going to Iowa this month....they think it will be a good money maker for her pac.

I hope she does start traveling around, then I can maybe picket against her.

The Yellow Porcupine said...

Palin/Prejean 2012!
Palin 2012 = 2nd term for Obama.
Run Sarah Run!

teal said...

this woman tickels me daily...

she is serious about trying to become POTUS or something like that...

it's so funny that she is against the FEDS - while trying as hard as she can to become one herself...

Aussie Blue Sky said...

I love that part of the interview - it's the part where the camera cuts away to Katie, and you can clearly see that Katie is asking herself, "Did I ask the question I thought I asked?" and at the next cutaway you can see Katie saying to herself, "Yes I DID! It's not me that's mad - it's HER!"