Friday 27 November 2009

Sarah Palin Thanksgiving Fun! - UPDATE

Everybody is hopefully enjoying their Thanksgiving holidays right now, and therefore it's time for some fun!

One of our readers thankfully recommended a very funny parody of Sarah Palin which was created by the Alaska cartoonist Peter Dunlap-Shohl. Here is the link to his blog Frozen Grin - check it out!

Peter Dunlap-Shohl proves the point that Sarah Palin is best enjoyed on TV with subtitles:





In addition, I have found a hilarious clip by the Canadians who punked Sarah Palin a few days ago and made her say that the Canadian health care system should be privatised. These are the people from the TV-program "This hour has 22 minutes". This great clip was previously shown in October 2008 - like a good wine, it has matured! ;-)




+++

UPDATE:

In case you haven't seen it yet, please have a look at the unauthorized index to "Going Rogue" which was created by Slate.

Example:

prayers
________answered
________________boyfriend, 33
________________job for Todd with British Petroleum, 50
________not answered
________________winning debate with Joe Biden, 295
________________winning 2008 election, 333

pregnancy
________descriptions of
________________"I porked up," 50
________________"ready to calve," 51
________________"more nauseated than usual," 171
________________"starving for king crab and scallops," 192
________________feeling contractions during Texas speech, 194
________reaction to own
________________"Holy geez!" 171
________reaction to Bristol's
________________"Truthfully, I was devastated," 207
________campaign's advance knowledge of, 214
________campaign's botched handling of, 234




Please click on the title of the blogpost or CLICK HERE before using the toolbar below for sharing.

8 comments:

wayofpeace said...

i had missed that video from the CANADIANS, patrick. WOW, that was VERY funny, one of the best!

Anonymous said...

If she wants to have racoon eyes and lip liner at a Charity Run..
It is all about physical appearance for her..

so here are some cynical fotos of her looking hawt
.. uh no :D

yes I am petty.. so shoot me

(Gotta sign onto TeamSarah.org :(... I don't know how else to save them)
It is a good site for member submitted Palin photos as they have super hi Res.. you can zoom in and see it all! ..and without the fancy professional lighting..

Why she doesn't done short sleeves.. eeps
http://tinyurl.com/yg2pfdk

i gotta go for a bit but there are more i'll post later

wayofpeace said...

for the record, here's what BECK-THE CLOWN said about being SCARAH's running mate:

but first "Palin told Newsmax she could 'envision a couple of different combinations, if ever I were to be in a position to really even seriously consider running for anything in the future, and I’m not there yet.'

"She added: “But Glenn Beck I have great respect for. He’s a hoot.' "



BECK: I don’t think things are hoots. I don’t. I don’t think it’s a hoot. I would never use the word hoot, and I respectfully ask that every time my name is brought up she would stop using the word ‘hoot.’ [...]No, no I’m just saying — Beck-Palin, I’ll consider.

"But Palin-Beck — can you imagine, can you imagine what an administration with the two of us would be like? What? Come on! She’d be yapping or something, and I’d say, “I’m sorry, why am I hearing your voice? I’m not in the kitchen.”

h/t to sarah palin truth squad

Anonymous said...

"ready to calve" page 51
===
almost worth buying the book to find out the context for that one... but perhaps a kindly person will put it in a comment here. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

"Team Sarah is a diverse coalition of Americans dedicated to advancing the values that Sarah Palin represents in the political process."

LOL. NOt a one of them can articulate what Palin's values are, other than bumper sticker slogans that don't represent how she actually governs at all.

how about "Death to all! Let them Eat Cake!"

Anonymous said...

I like the peers response to Beck's insult: oh, he is just mocking the left, what THEY would say. He was doing a leftist impersonation- they have an excuse for everything. But they are starting to wonder why toad is 'fixin the roof' on Thanksgiving. I have no doubt that before the end of the day they will have thought up an excuse for that too.

nswfm CA said...

Beck is a Mormon which isn't known for equality of the sexes.

http://www.saltlakemagazine.com/Salt-Lake-Magazine/April-2009/When-perfect-isnt-enough/


http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=4403731&page=1

Some highlights:

Psychiatrists point to several factors that could contribute to Utah's high levels of depression: limited mental health resources, restricted access to treatment as a result of cost, poor quality of resources and a varied list of other factors, including an under funded educational system and a culture deeply rooted in the Mormon faith.

"In Mormon culture females are supposed accept a calling. They are to be constantly smiling over their family of five. They are supposed to take supper across the street to an ill neighbor and then put up with their husband when he comes home from work and smile about it the whole time. There is this sense that Mrs. Jones down street is doing the same thing, and there is this undercurrent of competition. To be a good mother and wife, women have to put on this mask of perfection. They can't show their tears, depression or agony," Canning said.

"Obedience, conformity and maintaining a sense of harmony" are unspoken but widely recognized behaviors, which all contribute to what he calls "the Mother of Zion syndrome."

Patrick said...

The religious publication "First Things" has written a highly interesting and VERY LONG review about "Going Rogue".

CLICK HERE FOR THE REVIEW

The first paragraph:

I have defended Sarah Palin on numerous occasions against critics. I thought some conservatives turned on her too soon and that her executive experience outweighed any negatives known about her. I certainly did not think flubbing some interviews made her unfit to be a chief executive.

The last three paragraphs:

Sadly, I now believe the burden of proof has shifted. While an excellent chief executive in Alaska, there is reason to believe that Palin lacks the intellectual skills needed to be an effective President. Most important, she does not seem to recognize this and shows no sign of getting them.

I have not given up on Palin and find much in her to admire, but she would not get my primary vote based on this book and what I know about her to date. I hope I am wrong and am open to changing my mind.

She has more promise than any Republican candidate I can name and I still have hopes for Sarah Palin, but hope needs substance or it becomes a disillusioned faith.

h/t goes to Bree Palin!